Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Will cheer for money

During work the other day I went into my boss's boss's office, who is the Dean of Students, Bob Rasmussen. Phil Clegg was also in there. The following dialog ensued:


Phil: Is she (me) a full-time student?

Bob: Who, Ashley? Yeah.

Phil: Ashley, Do you want a scholarship?

Me: Yeah I do. What's it for?

Phil: I have some end-of-year money that I need to get rid of.

Me: Are you serious?!

Phil: Of course. You're enrolled in at least 12 credits, right?

Me: Yes.

Phil: You have at least a 2.5 GPA, right?

Me: Yes.

Phil: Okay. Expect a check in the mail.

Me: ....(dumbfounded)...

Basically the trip to England has afforded me many sleepless nights of anxiety over how I was going to pay for it, how I was going to eat while I was over there, and how I was going to support my shopping habit while over there. This pretty much takes care of that.


Thank you student affairs for giving me a CHEER scholarship! Thats right, its a cheer leading scholarship. I'll do a cheer for $1,000 dollars. You only have to ask once.

3 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

Oh my gosh this is amazing! Way to go Ash! Good employees are rewarded. That is so great.

ashrobertson85 said...

i know!! thanks errin.

Mike said...

With the value of the dollar right now in England, a $1000 MIGHT be able to get you a cup of cold tea.

But seriously, Ash, that's awesome.

PS. Perhaps some of that could come my way if you know what i mean...