Monday, April 28, 2008

My first day, which was a 100 hour day

***Warning, I refuse to correct my type-o's for this post. Deal with it.***

So far I'm failing at being an traveliong blogger. First because I'm missing the greatest element, my own laptop. But I'm determinded to bum my roomies laptops when ever I can, and make the trip down the street to use our student computer facility. Sorry there aren't pictures yet. I've been too dostracted to take pictures, but the next time I post I'll post pictures of these distractions.

I made it to London great, not problems. Or so I thought. Unfirtunately my baggage was not put on my flight to London with me so I had to waut at the airport for 2 hours for its arrival. Then, I got completely lost in the airport, trying to find the right Tube station (thats the subway, to all you Aamericans). After all the confusion I spent 5 hours at the airport trying to get a grip on this place. I had to Emily while she was asleep at 12:30 in the mjorning to check my email for me so I could find out where I was meant to meet my people. Thanks, Em.

The plane ride was better than I thought it would be, however, it still sucked. I didn't get any sleep. So when I took a nap this afternoon I accidentially slept through our group meeting. I woke up so disoriented!!! I cant wait for bed time, which isn't for at least a few more hours.

My flat is located on the third floor of an amazingly beautiful old building, but in London, third floor really means 50th, and the British dont believe in elevators, so I've already started working in my summer swimsuit body that will inevitably form from hiking to and fro, up and down.

Thats all for now. I'm tired. Consider this a cliffhanger ending. Tomorrow I'll put up pics from what I encounter. As far as I'm concerned, my journey cant really begin until I'm well rested.

3 comments:

Merianne said...

Hi Ashley! I found your blog on Facebook. My husband and I went to London for Thanksgiving last year and LOVED it..(except for how $$ everything was). Take advantage of this time and live it up. Post lots of pictures.

love ya!

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

glad you got there safely. looking forward to the updates!

scrambled brains said...

You're there! And so the adventure begins...

Heidi