Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Don't forget about me."

I've gotten into the habit of TRYING to guilt Cody into giving me what I want because after I leave he will miss me so much he's going to to wish he had done everything for me before I left. "Cody, walk me back to my office. We wont have many more lunches like this together before I leave." To which he responds "No." Cody's handling me leaving a lot better than I am. In fact I'm convinced that he's in denial about it, and doesn't realize how hard it's going to be.

Me: I know you're in denial about me leaving. Once I'm gone, you're going to WISH you have paid me more attention.

Cody: You're right. Just like how when my mother dies I'm going to wish I had been nicer to her. I see these things, but there's no changing them.

I think in the end, he'll be just fine without me.

Last summer when Cody was studying abroad in Italy, he sent me postcards that said "Don't forget about me." So now I remind him everyday to return the favor.

2 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

This is humorous. I love Cody so much. Sounds just like him. You are going to have so much fun Ash! You will remember it for the rest of your life and miss it so much when you come home. I still talk to Meghan who was a room mate in Italy with me. Good times. And yes, you're Passport photo is perfect. Your hair looks like Victoria Beckham, and I'm a bit envious. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!!!!!!