Thursday, May 22, 2008

"My name in Indigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

So this past week I've been very tired. I'm pooped! Being a tourist/student/Londoner is hard work. I've been reading lots of Jacobean plays about tragedy, revenge, rape, incest, death, blood, deception, love, lust, loss... the list goes on. It's all very classic stuff, and often I think of my favorite movie, "The Princess Bride," when studying these tales of woe and seduction. I want someone to sword-fight for me....

Speaking of The Princess Bride, I'll be leaving for Ireland today, and on Saturday I will be visiting THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right. The cliffs of Moher are opposite the island from Dublin, and I will be taking a train to visit these cliffs where they were filmed for the movie. I may come back as a princess, with long blond hair, and the name Robbin Wright--you never know what fantasy land will do to a person. I'm so damn excited I might cry right now. So if you don't here from me by Tuesday you'll know I became overwhelmed by the power of the cliffs and flung myself over for no apparent reason. Just kidding, Mom, I'll be safe.

1 comment:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

You have to let me know how Ireland is. We wanted to go as a family this summer because its part of our heritage on my dad side, but everyone told us its not all it's cracked up to be. It's rainy, cold, and only has a few castles. You set the record straight if it needs to be. Have fun, love you.