Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oh my God, a Castle




Well, I dont technically know if a palace counts as a castle, but Henry the VIII did live here. This was my face while approaching Hampton Court Palace today. It was spectacular. In the first picture Allison, me, and Mary pose at the top of the entrance. Allison is probably the most beautiful person I've ever met, as you'll notice.

Then we went for a stroll through the Palace Gardens. You know how royal, or rich gardens are depicted in Hollywood films and cartoon fairy tales, all perfect and dreamy and stuff? Well it's true.

-Note the new, leather, bomber jacket. Yes, Mom, it fits, it just doesn't look like it in this picture-




This morning was one of the best mornings of my life. I cried because the scenery offered me pure, beautiful joy. Upon entering these gardens, it was as if my previously crushed childhood fantasies of fairytale life were revived and my dream had come true. Never mind the poor of the country, now I understand the Monarchy's motivation in maintaining such extravagant grounds. Selfish pleasure!



Oh, and this is my forehead in the gardens.

The tour of the castle was good, but actually paled in comparison to the experience we had in the gardens. The following is a picture taken in the guard's room. This design is made out of swords and really old pistols. Artillery designs of this nature are very common in the royal scenes around here. It's about 10-12 feet tall. And the whole room is decorated this way.

Here are some more.



I leave you with a video so you may too experience the serenity of the gardens.



I'll post more tomorrow on last night's drunken karaoke adventure, and what it's like to be lost, drunk, and having the best time of your life in London.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Dear Madame,

I think you are simply beautiful. I'm glad you're having such a marvelous time.