Thursday, May 1, 2008

More stuff from yesterday


This is me and me new friends outside Westminster Abby.


Trying to take a picture of myself with Big Ben in the background.


these protesters were outside the houses of parliament protesting the iraq war. i ran across the road and had a nice conversation with them. i talked to them about my efforts back home, it was great. they told me i looked like an american and i said 'thats because i am an american' then they said 'no like the one's with feathers in there hair and hunt animals with spears.' then i said 'ooooh.' they asked who my descendent's were and i said the scots. they were surprised, then i said the word 'native american' and they went on a tangent about how their not 'natives' their THE americans. i love radicals and free speech!

lastly, when it's not raining, this is what the sky looks like during sunset in london. i took this picture right outside our flat in south kensington.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you right now.

scrambled brains said...

Amazing! Rock on Ashley :)

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

you do look like an american. a REAL one.

Ashley Thalman said...

how cool that you are ACTUALLY there. hadn't peeked in on you...

h2oetry said...

Ummmm... Remember how I was supposed to go to London too? Yep. I'm sad, mad, and jealous.

Mama B said...

Wow. The sky in that picture is breathtaking. I hope you are enjoying every moment you have in London! Its so "my fair lady" of you. I miss you and Dominic is having separation anxiety! HA! Love love you.

cody said...

I miss you beautiful....I love you we will hang your photos up at home. Be safe; don’t ever trust the damn brits;)

exotericeric said...

looks as if you are doing well!